Professional Hairstyling for Bridal and Editorial
2020 Course Dates:
- Monday 10th February 2020: Every Monday evening 6pm-9pm for 10 weeks
(No Class Labour Day & Easter Monday)
- Tuesday 14th April + Thursday 16th April 2020 – 10am – 4pm – Every Tuesday and Thursday
- Wednesday 22nd April 2020: Every Wednesday evening 6pm-9pm for 10 weeks
*Please note course dates are subject to change
The purpose of these workshops are to learn amazing hairstyling techniques suitable for editorial work, special events, photoshoots, fashion runways/events, and bridal styling. You can study these workshops all together for a more comprehensive training or separately to simply polish up on a particular aspect. Specially designed for makeup artists and hairstylists, these workshops are great for professionals wanting a career in freelance styling or purely to further their existing skills and knowledge.
It is an excellent compliment to any makeup course in a fun and exciting environment with weekly hands-on opportunities to learn the teachings with personal training and guidance from an industry working professional.
- Product Knowledge
- Hair Prep/Time Management for Long Hairstyling
- Analysing the hair
- Basic Blow Waving
- Hollywood Blow Wave
- Short Hair Blow Wave
*(students need to bring their own hairdryer to class 1-2)
- Beachy Waves
- Hair 1/2 up and 1/2 down
- Modern Ponytails
- Braiding, knotting and twisting techniques
*(students need to bring their own Tongs and Straighteners to class 3-4)
- Braiding. twists and knotting incorporated into hairstyles
- How to make your own hair padding
- Messy Buns/Side Buns
- Smooth buns
- Vintage Waves
- Faux bob
- Fast and Quick Editorial Styles
- Back Stage 5 minute styles
- French Rolls
- How to add hair extensions
- Placement of Veils/ Flowers and hair jewelry
Inclusive Items & What You Need Bring:
Equipment and Products Supplied by Academy:
- Paul Mitchell Hair Styling Products
- Pins & Clips
- Combs and Brushes
Equipment and Products to be Supplied by Student:
- You are required to have Professional Hair Styling Kit ($170) which includes one Long Haired Mannequin made from 100% Human Hair and one clamp. View and purchase in advance here.
- If you do wish to supply your own mannequin and clamp please note synthetic mannequins are not suitable for hairstyling.
- Curling Wand – we recommend they H2D Curling Wand which can be purchased here for the student discount of $160.
- Hairdryer – we recommend the Parlux 1800 Eco Hair Dryer which can be purchased here.
If students wanted to purchase additional items for personal use at a student discount such as Paul Mitchell, you can order items through the Elite Store.
Tuition fee: $1245 + Equipment Kit $170
or $150 per individual class
*Once course commences no refund will be issued on monies paid
* Professional Hairstyling Kit MUST be paid by week 1
Deposit Payments can be made through our website or alternatively you can contact our landline on (03) 9614 0129. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will we email you our banking details. Our banking details can only be obtained by CALLING our office landline phone on (03) 9614 0129.
If you want to enroll into 1 or 2 workshops only please call us on (03) 96140129 or email us at email@example.com – to enroll you in separately.
Elite Hair and Makeup Academy wants to make learning stress free and affordable as part of our service to our students we give you 2 options to pay for all courses
OPTION 1 – Pay the balance of the course week one + $170 Kit
OPTION 2 – Tuition fees can be paid off over a 4 week payment plan. Pay for first payment of tuition + $170 Kit on week one. The balance of the course is paid off by week 4. Money is debited each Monday. Payment plans are by CREDIT CARD ONLY *Once course commences no refunds will be issued on monies paid.
All Credit Cards will incur a surcharge of 1.55% per transaction.
Terms and Conditions:
- A NON REFUNDABLE deposit of $400 is required (for each course you enroll in,) to secure your place in the course. However, it can be transferred to another course date within a 12-month period at the discretion of the director as long as all Fees from the original enrolment have been paid.
- All Course Fees must be paid by week 5. Funds not paid by week 5 will be automatically debited from your nominated account.
- No refund will be issued after course commencement. Once you commence the course and decide to withdraw from the course, full payment must be completed within 7 days of withdrawal.
- Paintbox Cosmetics Pty Ltd Trading as Elite Makeup and Hair Academy reserves the right to cancel or amend any course that does not have the required enrolment numbers.
- All withdrawals from any course must be submitted in writing. If the withdrawal is submitted 7 days before class starting any payments or deposit are NON-REFUNDABLE. However, this course can be moved to another date within a 12-month period.
- Closed-toe shoes must always be worn during class time.
- No Certificate will be issued to students who have not completed at least 80% of the course they are enrolled into or if they have not fully paid for the course after completion.
- Deferrals of courses enrolled rest on the Director’s discretion and deferral request to be submitted in writing.
- Individually, each class is worth a total of $150. This total is inclusive of training, administration costs and facilities.
i. Evening Classes 6 pm – 9 pm equates to one class.
ii.Daytime Classes 10am – 4:30pm equates to two classes
10. Four missed classes may be rescheduled in the consecutive intake, with arrangements made within the duration of the course only. If a student missed 4 or more classes, the will be required to re-enroll and complete the course, which will result in additional fees. All requests must be submitted in writing and approved by management.
11. All Credit Cards will incur a surcharge of 1.55% per transaction.
Products used in Class