Certificate III in Make up
Elite Make-up Academy in conjunction with Doyle’s Academy is offering a Certificate III in Make-up SHB30215. This course is designed to give you the appropriate skills to enter the Make-up industry, where you can design and apply make-up for all different types of occasions and events across the beauty, fashion, screen, stage and entertainment industries. This particular Certificate III in Makeup is ideal as it adds an extra skillset of Hair Styling.
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Monday 9th May 2022 (9 weeks – Mondays & Wednesdays) 11am to 5pm
- Saturday 14 May 2022 (9 weeks – Saturdays & Sundays) 10am to 4.30pm
- Saturday 25 June 2022 (17 weeks – Saturdays) 10am to 4.30pm
- Sunday 26 June 2022 (17 weeks – Sundays) 10am to 4.30pm
- Wednesday 29 June 2022 (9 weeks – Mondays & Wednesdays) 11am to 5pm
- Monday 8 August 2022 (9 weeks – Mondays & Wednesdays) 11am to 5pm
- Sunday 21 August 2022 (17 weeks – Sundays) 10am to 4.30pm
- Monday 3 October 2022 (9 weeks – Mondays & Wednesdays) 11am to 5pm
- Saturday 12 November 2022 (17 weeks – Saturdays) 10am to 4.30pm
- Sunday 13 November 2022 (17 weeks – Sundays) 10am to 4.30pm
- Monday 28 November 2022 (9 weeks – Mondays & Wednesdays) 11am to 5pm
Please note: Course dates are subject to change and classes do not run on public holidays.
We offer flexible arrangements with our Essentials Courses commencing monthly. You can custom build your Certificate 3 Training options. We offer a combination of flexible daytime, night-time and weekend courses to suit your lifestyle and study needs.
Students spend the majority of the class time working on each other, this gives each student the experience of working on a variety of faces shapes, skin types and age groups. We provide:
- Fun and exciting environment
- Hands-on training
- Training delivered by educators currently working within the industry
- We provide all makeup for you to use during class time – you will only need to purchase the equipment kit which is yours to keep on the commencement of your first class.
- Make-up kits can be purchased during and after your course
You will be required to attend our Cert III Orientation Day. We will go through your assessments, expectations and other important course information. It is important you attend this session, if you cannot attend please let us know COB of the prior Wednesday.
Assessment Days will be held on selected days, we will communicate these to you.
Units of Competency: You must complete 15 units (including 9 core and 6 electives)
Duration: Approximately 6 Months
STUDY PERIOD ONE:
- SHBBMUP002 Design and apply Makeup
- SHBBMUP003 Design and apply Makeup for Photography
- SHBBMUP004 Design and apply remedial camouflage Makeup
- SHBBMUP005 Apply Airbrush Makeup
- SHBBMUP006 Design and apply creative makeup
- SHBBBOS001 Apply cosmetic Tanning Products
- SHBXCCS001 Conduct salon Financial transcations
- SHBHDES002 Braid hair
- SHBHDES004 Create classic long hair up-styles
STUDY PERIOD TWO:
- SHBBRES001 Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBXCCS002 Provide salon services to clients
- SHBXIND001 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXWHS001 Apply safe hygiene health and work practices
- SHBBCCS001 Advise on beauty products and services
- SHBHCCS001 Plan hair services for special events
– Make-up Consultant at make-up counters, department stores, pharmacies etc.
– Freelancing Hair and Make-up services – for a bridal, formal, special occasion, photographic, runway, commercial, editorial etc.
– Spray Tanning services from home, mobile and in salons
– Cosmetic Representative for cosmetics companies
Methods of Assessments:
Competency standards are recorded as achieved
Inclusive Items & What You Need Bring:
Equipment and Products Supplied by Academy:
- Makeup for in-class use
- Spray Tanning Products and Equipment
- Lash/Brow Tinting Products and Equipment
- Paul Mitchell Hair Styling Products
- Pins & Clips
- Combs and Brushes
Equipment and Products to be Supplied by Student:
- Elite Makeup & Essential Kit: ($495). Valued at $1,146.00, this kit includes a professional 16 Piece Paintbox Brush Set, Tool Belt, Elite Clear Organiser Bag, Black Mascara, Mascara Wands, Lip Wands, 250ml Vegan Brush Cleaner, Mixing Palette, 4 Packs Of Bulk Lashes, Wipes, Kett sample set of 6 foundations, Blondes to Brunette Brow Palette, Pallete New York, Paint Pot Black, Kohl Pencil, Lip Liner, Full Coverage Palette You can view the Makeup Artist Essentials Kit here.
- You are required to have Professional Hair Styling Kit ($170) which includes one Long Haired Mannequin made from 100% Human Hair and one clamp. View in advance here.
- If you do wish to supply your own mannequin and clamp please note synthetic mannequins are not suitable for hairstyling.
- Curling Wand – we recommend they H2D Curling Wand which can be purchased here for the student discount of $170
- Hairdryer – we recommend the Parlux 1800 Eco Hair Dryer which can be purchased here.
If students wanted to purchase additional items for personal use at a student discount such as Makeup Kits and Paul Mitchell, you can order items through the Elite Store.
Course Cost: $5200
Tuition fee: $4985 + Equipment Kits $665
A $960 NON REFUNDABLE deposit is required to secure your place. Any additional fees paid, including kit fee will not be refunded if withdrawing from course 14 days prior to course commencement.
- The Makeup Artist Essentials Kit MUST be paid by week 1.
- The Professional Hair Styling Kit must be paid on the commencement of Professional Hairstyling for Bridal and Editorial
- Elite Makeup & Essential Kit : $495.00
- 16 Piece Paintbox Brush Set, Tool Belt, Elite Clear Organiser Bag, Black Mascara, Mascara Wands, Lip Wands, 250ml Vegan Brush Cleaner, Mixing Palette, 4 Packs Of Bulk Lashes, Wipes, Kett sample set of 6 foundations, Blondes to Brunette Brow Palette, Pallete New York, Paint Pot Black, Kohl Pencil, Lip Liner, Full Coverage Palette and the Lip Trio Palette.
- You can view the Elite Makeup & Essential Kit and order in advance here.
- Professional Hairstyling Kit: $170.00
- Includes one Long Haired Mannequin made from 100% Human Hair and one clamp.
- You can view The Professional Hairstyling Kit here.
- Advanced makeup for Photography Kit: $320
- Airbrush gun, compressor
Deposit Payments can be made through our website or alternatively you can contact us on 1300 230 882. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will we email you our banking details. Our banking details can only be obtained by CALLING our office on 1300 230 882
Terms and Conditions:
- A NON REFUNDABLE deposit of $960 is required (for each course you enroll in,) to secure your place in the course. However, it can be transferred to another course date within a 12-month period at the discretion of the director as long as all Fees from the original enrolment have been paid.
- All Course Fees must be paid by week 5. Funds not paid by week 5 will be automatically debited from your nominated account.
- No refund will be issued after course commencement. Once you commence the course and decide to withdraw from the course, full payment must be completed within 7 days of withdrawal.
- Paintbox Cosmetics Pty Ltd Trading as Elite Makeup and Hair Academy reserves the right to cancel or amend any course that does not have the required enrolment numbers.
- All withdrawals from any course must be submitted in writing. If the withdrawal is submitted 7 days before class starting any payments or deposit are NON-REFUNDABLE. However, this course can be moved to another date within a 12-month period.
- Closed-toe shoes must always be worn during class time.
- No Certificate will be issued to students who have not completed at least 80% of the course they are enrolled into or if they have not fully paid for the course after completion.
- Deferrals of courses enrolled rest on the Director’s discretion and deferral request to be submitted in writing.
- Individually, each class is worth a total of $200. This total is inclusive of training, administration costs and facilities. i. Evening Classes 6 pm – 9 pm equates to one class. ii.Daytime Classes 10am – 4:30pm equates to two classes
- Four missed classes may be rescheduled in the consecutive intake, with arrangements made within the duration of the course only. If a student missed 4 or more classes, the will be required to re-enroll and complete the course, which will result in additional fees. All requests must be submitted in writing and approved by management.
- All Credit Cards will incur a surcharge of 1.55% per transaction.
*Images below of what you learn during class time.
Benefits of training with Elite Makeup Academy?
- Flexible hours
- Small class sizes
- 12-week payment plan with no additional fees
- All students commence at the same time
- No additional uniform costs
- We provide all make-up, hair, tanning and tinting products to use during class hours
- Preferential work experience opportunities on a regular basis
- Course delivered by Industry working trainers
Monday 28th November – Wed/Mon, Monday 3rd October 2022 – Mondays, Monday 8th August 2022 – Mon/Wed, Monday 9th May – Mon/Wed, Saturday 12th November 2022 – Saturdays, Saturday 14th May 2022 – Saturday, Saturday 25th June 2022 – Saturday, Sunday 13th November – Sundays, Sunday 21st August 2022 – Sunday, Sunday 26th June – Sundays, Wednesday 29th June – Wed/Mon