Hair Styling Essentials
2018 Course Dates
- Tuesday 4th September + Thursday 6th September – 10am-4:30pm – Every Tuesday and Thursday for 3 weeks
- Tuesday 2nd October 2018 – 6pm – 9pm – Every Tuesday for 10 weeks
2019 Course Dates
- Wednesday 13th February – 6pm-9pm – Every Wednesday for 10 weeks
*Please note course dates are subject to change
The purpose of these workshops are to learn amazing hair styling techniques suitable for editorial work, special events, photo shoots, fashion runways / events and bridal styling. You can study these workshops all together for a more comprehensive training or separately to simply polish up on a particular aspect. Especially designed for makeup artists and hair stylists, these workshops are great for professionals wanting a career in freelance styling or purely to further their existing skills and knowledge.
It is an excellent compliment to any makeup course.
- Small class sizes
- Fun and exciting environment
- Weekly hands on opportunities to learn the teachings with personal training and guidance from an industry working professional
CLASSES 1-2 – BLOW WAVING
- Analysing the hair
- Long hair blow waving techniques– Straight and Curly
- Hollywood Blow wave
- Short hair Blow wave
*(students need to bring there own hair dryer to class 1-2)
CLASSES 3-4- FUNDEMENTALS OF HAIR STYLING
- Using Tongs/Straightners
- Beachy Waves
- Knotting and Pinning techniques
- Hot rollers setting techniques
- Side swept styles
- Side Buns
*(students need to bring there own Tongs and Straighteners to class 3-4)
CLASSES 5-6 – BRAIDS, TWISTS & KNOTTING
Using these skills to incorporate into Bridal, Formal and Special Occasion
- Advanced Braiding techniques
- Incorporating braiding techniques with hair down styles and hair up styles
CLASSES 7-8 – BUNS for bridal, formal and special occasion
- Smooth buns
- Make your own hair padding
- Vintage Waves
- Faux bob
- Modern Pony
*(Students need to bring own tongs to class 8)
CLASSES 9-10- VINTAGE AND PERIOD STYLES
- Placement of Veils and Hair Extensions
- Special Occasion/ Bridal messy buns
- Half up and Half down
- Vintage rolls
- Neat buns
- Starting your own freelance kit
All equipment will be supplied for the course during class hours.
If students wanted to purchase items for personal use, you can order items through the academy.
Cost: Hair Styling Essentials Course (All 5 days) for $1095
or $150 each class (half a day) or $250 for a Full Day
A $300 NON REFUNDABLE deposit is required to secure your place.
Any additional fees paid prior to course, will not be refunded if withdrawing from course 14 days prior to course commencement.
If you want to enroll into 1 or 2 workshops only please call us on (03) 96140129 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – to enroll you in separately.
ELITE HAIR AND MAKEUP ACADEMY want to make learning stress free and affordable as part of our service to our students we give you 2 options to pay for all courses
OPTION 1 – Pay the balance of the course week one
OPTION 2 – Tuition fees can be paid off over a 4 week payment plan. Pay for first payment of tuition on week one. The balance of the course is paid off by week 4. Money is debited each Monday. Payment plans are by CREDIT CARD ONLY *Once course commences no refunds will be issued on monies paid.
Missed classes may not be rescheduled unless discussed with management prior to the class commences.
If a student misses their class, they will be required to re enroll, which may result in additional fees. All requests must be submitted in writing and approved by management.
Products used in class