Certificate III in Make-up
We offer flexible arrangements with our Essentials Courses commencing monthly.
Please call us to custom build your Certificate 3 Training options.
SHB30215 Certificate III in Make-up
Elite Make-up Academy in conjunction with Doyle’s Academy are offering a Certificate III in Make-up. This course is designed to give you the appropriate skills to enter the Make-up industry, where you can design and apply make-up for all different types of occasions and events across the beauty, fashion, screen, stage and entertainment industries. This particular Certificate III in Makeup is ideal as it adds an extra skill set of Hair Styling.
2 Days per week – In studio practical training
2 Days off Campus – Theory and workbook activities
Tuition Cost: $5050.00
20% deposit ($960) required when enrolling to secure your position
11 week payment plans available with Credit Card ONLY.
All Credit Cards will incur a surcharge of 1.55% per transaction.
Additional Kit Costs: $495 Make-up Equipment Kit – Payable first class, $170 Professional Hair Styling Kit (Payable upon commencement of Professional Hair Styling for Bridal and Editorial)
Course Dates for 2020:
Orientation Day for Cert III : TBC
You will be required to attend our Cert III Orientation Day, we will go through your assessments, expectations and other important course information. It is important you attend this session, if you cannot attend please let us know COB of the prior Wednesday.
Monday 10th August + Tuesday 11th August 2020 – 10am – 4pm – Every Monday and Tuesday for 12 Weeks
Part Time Options:
We offer flexible arrangements with our Essentials Courses beginning every month. Please call us to custom build your Certificate 3 Training options.
Study Period 1 – Tuesday and Thursday 10am -4pm for 12 weeks – FACE to FACE
Study Period 2 -Monday and Wednesday for 12 weeks – NON CAMPUS
Units of Competency: You must complete 15 units (including 9 core and 6 elective)
STUDY PERIOD ONE:
SHBBMUP002 Design and apply Makeup
SHBBMUP003 Design and apply Makeup for Photography
SHBBMUP004 Design and apply remedial camouflage Makeup
SHBBMUP005 Apply Airbrush Makeup
SHBBMUP006 Design and apply creative makeup
SHBBBOS001 Apply cosmetic Tanning Products
SHBBFAS001 Provide lash and brow services
SHBHDES002 Braid hair
SHBHDES004 Create classic long hair up-styles
STUDY PERIOD TWO
SHBBRES001 Research and apply beauty industry information
SHBXCCS002 Provide salon services to clients
SHBXIND001 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
SHBXWHS001 Apply safe hygiene health and work practices
SHBBCCS001 Advise on beauty products and services
SHBHCCS001 Plan hair services for special events
– Make-up Consultant at make-up counters, department stores, pharmacies ect.
– Freelancing Hair and Make-up services – for bridal, formal, special occasion , photographic, runway, commercial, editorial ect.
– Spray Tanning services from home, mobile and in salons
– Lash and Brow services from home, mobile and in salons
– Cosmetic Representative for cosmetics companies
Methods of Assessments:
Competency standards are recorded as achieved
Inclusive Items & What You Need Bring:
Equipment and Products Supplied by Academy:
- Makeup for in-class use
- Spray Tanning Products and Equipment
- Lash/Brow Tinting Products and Equipment
- Paul Mitchell Hair Styling Products
- Pins & Clips
- Combs and Brushes
Equipment and Products to be Supplied by Student:
- Makeup Artist Essentials Kit ($495). Professional 20 piece brush set, tool belt, black mascara, mascara wands, lip wands, brush cleaner, mixing palette, 3 packs of eyelashes and wipes. You can view the Makeup Artist Essentials Kit in advance here.
- You are required to have Professional Hair Styling Kit ($170) which includes one Long Haired Mannequin made from 100% Human Hair and one clamp. View in advance here.
- If you do wish to supply your own mannequin and clamp please note synthetic mannequins are not suitable for hairstyling.
- Curling Wand – we recommend they H2D Curling Wand which can be purchased here for the student discount of $160
- Hairdryer – we recommend the Parlux 1800 Eco Hair Dryer which can be purchased here.
If students wanted to purchase additional items for personal use at a student discount such as Makeup Kits and Paul Mitchell, you can order items through the Elite Store.
Course Cost: $5,050.00
Tuition fee: $5050 + Equipment Kits $665
A $960 NON REFUNDABLE deposit is required to secure your place. Any additional fees paid, including kit fee will not be refunded if withdrawing from course 14 days prior to course commencement.
- The Makeup Artist Essentials Kit MUST be paid by week 1.
- The Professional Hair Styling Kit must be paid on the commencement of Professional Hairstyling for Bridal and Editorial
- Makeup Artist Essentials Kit : $495.00
- Professional 20 piece brush set, tool belt, black mascara, mascara wands, lip wands, brush cleaner, mixing palette, 3 packs of eyelashes and wipes.
- You can view the Makeup Artist Essentials Kit here.
- Professional Hairstyling Kit : $170.00
- Includes one Long Haired Mannequin made from 100% Human Hair and one clamp.
- You can view The Professional Hairstyling Kit here.
- Advanced makeup for Photography Kit : $320
- Airbrush gun, compressor
Deposit Payments can be made through our website or alternatively you can contact our landline on (03) 9614 0129. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will we email you our banking details. Our banking details can only be obtained by CALLING our office landline phone on (03) 9614 0129.
Terms and Conditions:
- A NON REFUNDABLE deposit of $960 is required (for each course you enroll in,) to secure your place in the course. However, it can be transferred to another course date within a 12-month period at the discretion of the director as long as all Fees from the original enrolment have been paid.
- All Course Fees must be paid by week 5. Funds not paid by week 5 will be automatically debited from your nominated account.
- No refund will be issued after course commencement. Once you commence the course and decide to withdraw from the course, full payment must be completed within 7 days of withdrawal.
- Paintbox Cosmetics Pty Ltd Trading as Elite Makeup and Hair Academy reserves the right to cancel or amend any course that does not have the required enrolment numbers.
- All withdrawals from any course must be submitted in writing. If the withdrawal is submitted 7 days before class starting any payments or deposit are NON-REFUNDABLE. However, this course can be moved to another date within a 12-month period.
- Closed-toe shoes must always be worn during class time.
- No Certificate will be issued to students who have not completed at least 80% of the course they are enrolled into or if they have not fully paid for the course after completion.
- Deferrals of courses enrolled rest on the Director’s discretion and deferral request to be submitted in writing.
- Individually, each class is worth a total of $150. This total is inclusive of training, administration costs and facilities.
i. Evening Classes 6 pm – 9 pm equates to one class.
ii.Daytime Classes 10am – 4:30pm equates to two classes
10. Four missed classes may be rescheduled in the consecutive intake, with arrangements made within the duration of the course only. If a student missed 4 or more classes, the will be required to re-enroll and complete the course, which will result in additional fees. All requests must be submitted in writing and approved by management.
11. All Credit Cards will incur a surcharge of 1.55% per transaction.
*Images below of what you learn during class time.
Benefits of training with Elite Makeup Academy?
- Flexible hours
- Small class sizes
- 12 week payment plan with no additional fees
- All students commence at the same time
- No additional uniform costs
- We provide all make-up, hair, tanning and tinting products to use during class hours
- Preferential work experience opportunities on a regular basis
- Class delivered by Industry working trainers