Makeup Artist Essentials is our beginners makeup course.
- Practical, hands-on training
- A supportive & fun environment
- All the skills to start work as a Makeup Artist
We will teach you:
- How to prepare the client & skin
- Flawless Foundation, powder & concealer
- Colour theory & the colour wheel
- Eye shadow application - natural & dramatic
- Applying lashes, eyeliner & mascara (including wing-liner)
- Defining brows & lips
- Mature makeup
- Corporate style makeup
- Pre-teen style makeup
- Glitter makeup
- Smokey eyes
- Glossy/cream makeup
- Industry & job insight
Get Work Experience
We are the #1 Makeup Academy for work experience. Our students have worked with prestigious clients, here's just a few:
- David Jones Stores
- Joey Scandizzo Salon
- Australian Academy of Modelling
- Whitehouse Institute of Design.
Get paid work
As a student or graduate, get paid gigs as a hair stylist or makeup artist with Elite Services! Think of us like a hair & makeup agency coordinating jobs for you.
Make yourself stand out by having your skills captured by one of the best beauty photographers out there.
Want to see what other students have done? View the gallery here. (Bi-annual, Additional Fees apply, Subject to change)
Meet your Educator
Justine Poniris has over 25 years of industry experience. Justine has an impressive work history including having worked for:
- TV - Channel 7 & 10
- Sydney & Melbourne Fashion Week
- New Zealand Fashion Week
- MAC Cosmetics
- Theatre shows such as The Lion King & Mama Mia
- Delta Goodrem
- Educator of the Year 2020
- Finalist for Business of the year 2020
"Justine is very knowledgeable, delivers content in a clear way, shares her invaluable expertise and experience. She creates a fantastic learning environment, making it relaxed with her sense of humour, telling valuable stories and providing recommendations based on her past industry experience. She gives enough attention to each and every student making sure they get the most out of each class." Nadya V
Course Info & FAQs
How long is the course & how much does it cost?
We offer a few options:
- 3 week - Express course (Mon & Wed)
- 5 week - Express course (Saturday)
- 10 week - Night course (Monday 6-9pm)
The course costs $1,245, we offer flexible payment plans, so you don't have to pay the entire fee upfront.
How does the payment plan work?
Make a payment each week, this way you'll pay off the fees by the completion of the course.
Is Makeup included?
Makeup is included in the Essentials Makeup Kit, full of quality, professional cosmetics, which is a requirement of the course.
This kit is $495, featuring everything you need to work as a professional makeup artist.
What can I do once I've graduated?
Graduates have worked for:
- Runways Shows
- Photography Studios
- Make-up Counters
- Running their own Freelance Business
Student Success Story: Jacob Stella
Jacob Stella completed the Makeup Artist Essentials course in 2013, since then has created an amazing name for himself. He started off doing freelance work, volunteering at photo shoots and runways shows. He worked at Benefit Cosmetics & MAC cosmetics and started up his own Youtube Channel & Instagram! He is the face of NYX Cosmetics, and has become the first male star of their TV commercials. He was successfully in the Top 6 for the NYX Face Awards Australia/New Zealand in 2017.
How do I enrol?