Elite Hair & Make Up is conveniently located in Melbourne’s CBD, offering short courses in makeup artistry showcasing the skills and experience brought by Justine Poniris of Elite Hair & Makeup.
Elite Hair & Make Up Academy teaches modern make up techniques used currently in the industry. All courses are conducted by professional and highly trained makeup artists, and classes are limited in size to ensure that every student receives the highest level of attention and instruction.
So whether you are looking at becoming a professional makeup artist, want to learn how to apply your own makeup, or advance your skills we will work with you to ensure that you get the most out of our courses.
Justine Poniris - Owner of Elite Hair and Make-up Academy
(Professional Make Up Artist & Hairdresser)These courses have been developed by Justine Poniris, a professional hairdresser and makeup artist who has trained many successful make artists and hair stylists for:
- Fashion industry
- MAC Cosmetics
Justine began her career over 25 years ago in Sydney and has worked on fashion week both in makeup and body painting in Sydney, Melbourne and New Zealand.
Justine has also:
- Worked as the Head Makeup Artist for 30 Days of Fashion 2009
- Worked at Channels 7 and 10
- Worked on Theatrical productions including Mama Mia, Oliver, Lion King
- Toured with Delta Goodrem
- Worked on Princess Mary for a recent visit (hair and makeup)
- Toured with The Young Divas (hair and makeup)
- Been a makeup trainer for Victoria University
- Been a makeup trainer for Chisholm and MAC cosmetics
- Worked for MAC cosmetics for 8 years which included makeup for Melbourne and Sydney fashion week
- Opened the MAC Pro Store in New Zealand
- Worked at Fashion Week for Alana Hill, Tiger Lily, David Jones and Myer
Justine also runs her own freelance business for Melbourne Make-up Artists www.eliteartistsofmelbourne.com
Marie-Louise has worked in the beauty and make-up industry for over 25 years. During this time she has worked, not only the field, but as a makeup and beauty therapy trainer for over 15 years and as a coordinator for a leading Melbourne RTO. Maire-Louise has worked in mediums such as photographic, film and television and has a wide range of production companies locally and internationally that regularly employ her make up services. Marie Louise works at Elite Make-up Academy as the Artist Relations Manager\Trainer.Mare-Louise has also:
- Worked as Cosentinos personal make-up artist for the last 2 years
- Worked on Channel 10 shows such as Good Chef Bad Chef, Everyday Gourmet, Everybody Dance Now
- Worked on Channel 7 shows such as Good Friday Appeal, Blue Healers, Dancing With The Stars
- Worked on sports programmes for AFL Cricket Rugby and Tennis for Foxtel and optusvision
- Worked on Editorials & Fashion for the Herold Sun & New Idea
- Worked on additional days for film and drama
- Worked on many TVC’s including Dodo, Voltarin, Vic Swim, AFL, Essendon, Collingwood and Hawthorn membership drives.
- Works regularly doing bridal make up and special events
- Worked for Mac in sales and in Artist Relations, organizing workshops and liasing with industry make-up artists
Marie-Louise also runs Make-up Workshops for women and teens who want to learn how to apply their own makeup. For more information go to www.marielouisemakeupartist.com
Nikki Di Matteo
Nikki Di Matteo works at Elite Make-up Academy as the Marketing Executive\Trainer.
She completed the Elite Hair & Make-up course and since then has been working in the industry and running her own freelance business doing weddings and special occasion make-up and hair. She has done photo shoots for Tea Blossoms, Johns Nuts, Couture Costume Dancewear, Muk Hair Care, Stage Label, Fashion Sweet Heart Blog and the VAMFF fashion shows including doing makeup for SuperNanny Australia. She also had the opportunity to do Karlie Kloss's Hair for the AusOpen in 2017. She was the Head of the Hair and Make-up department for the First Kiss Fashion Event at the end of 2014, and Stage Label Fashion Event for MSFF in 2015.
She has also worked closely with Level-up Magazine from Chicago, being on the panel to select the models to feature on the front cover, and doing the Make-up for the Front cover of the Melbourne\Chicago Edition.
Rebecca completed her Diploma of Beauty Therapy in 2006 at Helene Abicair Melbourne and has worked within the beauty industry for the past 9 years.
Whilst working in Salons Rebecca has perfected her skills in every aspect of beauty performing advanced skin treatments, glamorous eyelash extensions, along with the most indulgent spa treatments.
Discovering a passion to train future beauticians, Rebecca became a Trainer for the Diploma of Beauty Therapy in 2013. She has found her success and enjoyment in seeing her students complete the course with confidence and gain employment soon after.
Only recently Rebecca achieved her biggest goal and opened her own Beauty Salon in 2016 and prides herself on providing her clients with a high level of customer service and helping her clients get results.