Elite Hair & Make Up is conveniently located in Melbourne’s CBD, it is Victoria's #1 Make-up School offering short courses in makeup artistry showcasing the skills and experience brought by Justine Poniris of Elite Hair & Makeup.
Elite Hair & Make Up Academy teaches modern makeup techniques used currently in the industry. All courses are conducted by professional and highly trained makeup artists, and classes are limited in size to ensure that every student receives the highest level of attention and instruction.
So whether you are looking at becoming a professional makeup artist, want to learn how to apply your own makeup, or advance your skills we will work with you to ensure that you get the most out of our courses.
We are the Number #1 School for Work experience and Job placement for Makeup Counters and Freelance work.
We have graduated students working for Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival, Runways Shows, Photography Studios, Make-up Counters and running their own Freelance Bridal/Special Occasion businesses.
Australian Makeup Industry Awards - 2021 Finalist (Winner to be announced in September)
Australian Makeup Industry Awards - 2020 Finalist
Owner & Educator of the Year 2020
These courses have been developed by Justine Poniris, a professional hairdresser and makeup artist who has trained many successful makeup artists and hairstylists for:
- Fashion industry
- MAC Cosmetics
Justine began her career over 25 years ago in Sydney and has worked on fashion week both in makeup and body painting in Sydney, Melbourne and New Zealand.
Justine won Educator of the year in 2020.
Justine was nominated for Educator of the year in 2021 for the Australian Makeup Industry Awards, along with Education Business of the year.
Justine has also:
- Worked as the Head Makeup Artist for 30 Days of Fashion 2009
- Worked at Channels 7 and 10
- Worked on Theatrical productions including Mama Mia, Oliver, Lion King
- Toured with Delta Goodrem
- Worked on Princess Mary for a recent visit (hair and makeup)
- Toured with The Young Divas (hair and makeup)
- Been a makeup trainer for Victoria University
- Been a makeup trainer for Chisholm and MAC cosmetics
- Worked for MAC cosmetics for 8 years which included makeup for Melbourne and Sydney fashion week
- Opened the MAC Pro Store in New Zealand
- Worked at Fashion Week for Alana Hill, Tiger Lily, David Jones and Myer
- Makeup and Hair director for David Jones Caulfield Cup
- Personal Hairstylist and Makeup Artist for Joan Jett in 2019
- Hair and Makeup Director for multiple Amazing Hair Campaigns
- Finalist for the Makeup Artist Guild Awards 2018
- Finalist for the Australian Beauty Industry Awards 2019 & 2020
- Makeup Director for Paul Mitchell at Hair Expo 2019
- Winner MAGAP Australian Educator Of The Year
Gordana makes everything at the Academy run like clock work! She manages the day-to-day operations of Elite Hair & Makeup Academy, looking after all of our new enrolments and student enquiries.
Gordana has had a multifaceted career ranging in office management, scheduling, HR and OHS across various industries. She has a passion for learning, (is addicted to coffee), and also runs her own floristry business specialising in weddings and events.
Gordana will be your go-to for all course related enquiries, payment plans and she'll help out when you need to catch up on missed classes or purchase any of our products.
- Cert IV Beauty Therapy (incl Cert II in Makeup)
- Cert IV Business Administration
- Cert IV Training & Assessment
- Cert IV OHS
Shae is the one who is usually behind the camera lens or computer screen, snapping shots of students at work or busily working way managing the marketing for Elite Hair & Makeup Academy. Passionate about photography and marketing, Shae has a background in graphic design, photography, advertising campaigns and management. Shae started her career as an administrator, working her way up to becoming a general manager. In her spare time Shae runs a professional photography business specialising in portraits.
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Cert IV Graphic Design
- Cert IV Training & Assessment