Elite Hair & Make Up is conveniently located in Melbourne’s CBD, it is Victoria's #1 Make-up School offering short courses in makeup artistry showcasing the skills and experience brought by Justine Poniris of Elite Hair & Makeup.
Elite Hair & Make Up Academy teaches modern makeup techniques used currently in the industry. All courses are conducted by professional and highly trained makeup artists, and classes are limited in size to ensure that every student receives the highest level of attention and instruction.
So whether you are looking at becoming a professional makeup artist, want to learn how to apply your own makeup, or advance your skills we will work with you to ensure that you get the most out of our courses.
We are the Number #1 School for Work experience and Job placement for Makeup Counters and Freelance work.
We have graduated students working for Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival, Runways Shows, Photography Studios, Make-up Counters and running their own Freelance Bridal/Special Occasion businesses.
Owner & Educator of the Year 2020
These courses have been developed by Justine Poniris, a professional hairdresser and makeup artist who has trained many successful make artists and hairstylists for:
- Fashion industry
- MAC Cosmetics
Justine began her career over 25 years ago in Sydney and has worked on fashion week both in makeup and body painting in Sydney, Melbourne and New Zealand.
Justine was nominated for Educator of the year in 2018 for the MAGAP Awards, along with Education Business of the year.
Justine has also:
- Worked as the Head Makeup Artist for 30 Days of Fashion 2009
- Worked at Channels 7 and 10
- Worked on Theatrical productions including Mama Mia, Oliver, Lion King
- Toured with Delta Goodrem
- Worked on Princess Mary for a recent visit (hair and makeup)
- Toured with The Young Divas (hair and makeup)
- Been a makeup trainer for Victoria University
- Been a makeup trainer for Chisholm and MAC cosmetics
- Worked for MAC cosmetics for 8 years which included makeup for Melbourne and Sydney fashion week
- Opened the MAC Pro Store in New Zealand
- Worked at Fashion Week for Alana Hill, Tiger Lily, David Jones and Myer
- Makeup and Hair director for David Jones Caulfield Cup
- Personal Hairstylist and Makeup Artist for Joan Jett in 2019
- Hair and Makeup Director for multiple Amazing Hair Campaigns
- Finalist for the Makeup Artist Guild Awards 2018
- Finalist for the Australian Beauty Industry Awards 2019 & 2020
- Makeup Director for Paul Mitchell at Hair Expo 2019
- Winner MAGAP Australian Educator Of The Year
Content Coming Soon.
Shae manages the marketing for Elite Hair & Makeup Academy. She has a background in graphic design, photography, campaigns and management. Shae started her career as an administrator, working her way up to becoming a manager. Along the way she has worked as a graphic designer and has her own professional photography business specialising in portraits and equine photography. You'll catch Shae creating content during classes and capturing some of your looks to share!
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Cert IV Graphic Design
- Cert IV Training & Assessment
Content Coming Soon.